Thursday, May 22, 2008

Eating Gluten-Free - Missing Big Pieces of Wedding Cake

I know this is not photography related, but I couldn't resist witting about my recent experiences with my new gluten free diet. I figured out sometime around February that I was gluten intolerant. I don't get super sick like some people, but I definitely don't feel good the next day.

If any of you have tried to change your diet in such a big way you will know what I mean when I say "It's a tough path!" Almost everything we eat in the United States has wheat in it. Did you know that most cream based soups (in the rue), most seasoned French fries, soy sauce, and most battered items (fish, veggies, etc) have some wheat in them?

I miss my chocolate chip cookies! But Whole foods carries gluten free brownies by Crave bakery. So yummy!

So when you see me only take one bite of your wedding cake don't be offended. It's probably to die for, but I don't want to be dieing the next day. However, I do want to be able to give props to the awesome bakers who create the pretty and tasty cakes for your weddings. So you will find me splurging on that one big bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment