Wednesday, March 26, 2008

WPPI 2008 Photos - Party Time!

Since most event photographers work weekends it is most entertaining when a bunch of us get together and have a chance to let loose. Think about it...
Wedding photographers are always around a party; always hearing dance music and rarely having the chance to dance. I didn't go to any super dance party's but I did get a chance to go out.

After a couple seminar's on Sunday afternoon I went with a friend to see the Cirque du Soleil show Mystere. Wow! I didn't know people could do such extreme maneuvers with their bodies! No pictures allowed in the theater! So I snapped a quick non flash image at the end of the show (see image below). If you go to Vegas don't miss out on seeing one of these shows; its worth the pricey ticket!

Tuesday night I went to a small party hosted by Richard Photo Lab out of LA. They are a smaller custom lab that does high quality work. My friend Jen and I met Jose Villa; an awesome film photographer. Really nice guy too!

Wednesday was party night! First there was the WPPI Awards Ceremony. See picture below of Jen and I looking oh so cool (but please forgive the point and shoot quality). We didn't bring any crystal awards home this year, but I will be working even harder this season to get rock star images for next years competitions.

After the awards a few of my friends and I were in the mood to dance. So we went to a few different places until we found a neat little Irish Pub called Nine Irish Men at NYNY hotel. There was a live band playing and it was a great time!!

By Thursday it was time to fly back home. So I'm back at work putting into practice some of the great inspiration I received at WPPI!

No comments:

Post a Comment