Monday, March 24, 2008

WPPI 2008 - Las Vegas, NV

This was the third year in a row that I attended the WPPI (Wedding and Portrait Photographer's International) convention in Las Vegas. Every year I still learn something new and have a ton of fun!

As a small photography business owner there are many different hats that we need to wear these days. Besides photography we have to know at least a little about Photoshop, slideshow software, websites, sales, advertising, marketing, bookkeeping, and newsletters (haven't gotten to that yet). At the convention there are always new suggestions or softwares to assist in making these daily tasks easier.

This year I found a new editing software that I like by Nik software. It should stream line certain types of touch ups and special effects I apply to some images. I also picked up some great tips from Doug Gordon's seminar on how to make picture time "poses" flow more naturally.

This year I left the real cameras at home and took only a point n shoot so please forgive the poor image quality! Thanks to diet Pepsi for keeping me awake!

Stay tune tomorrow to hear about all the fun we had and see the goofy pictures!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment