Sunday, October 26, 2008

Publishing Party with Jay Kelly Photography

We just needed a reason to have a party! Ever since Bryon and I moved in to the new place with the huge backyard I had been dying to give a party. So when I was published in the Fall issue of The Knot Northern CA that gave me all the reason I needed. I just had to wait a little while to find an available weekend.

My co-host for the party was my buddy Jay Kelly (fellow photographer) who had also recently been published in a book called Style Your Dream Wedding.

I had my mom fly in from Arizona so she and our friend Lisa could cater the event. They are both foodies so they had a lot of fun making the mouth watering menu! Chocolate dipped figs filled with marzipan, 4 different gourmet cupcakes, Thai chicken and beef skewers, and baby red potatoes with caviar; to name a few.

We set up a bar (manned by our favorite bartender Wyatt), some cocktail tables for mingling and a dance floor so we could get our boogie on. The below images are of me hiding behind my mohito, Chad showing off the cupcakes he frosted (Chad was such a huge help), and Melanie owner of Dutchess Boutique in Campbell, sipping her glass of cab.

Below are the 2 chefs and their assistant (Donna, Mom and Lisa). They joined the party after we were done with all the food prep. I was also happy that my long time friend Sherree and her daughter Jasmine were able to make the party (see them in image on right with me).

My favorite picture of the night is of Melanie and her hubby Jeremy at the bar. Picture on left is of Jay and me hamming it up for the camera.
Thanks to Jennifer Low for taking most of the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment